.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Analysis of Field Experience Essay -- essays research papers fc

â€Å"Analysis of Experiences†   Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚   â€Å"ANALYSIS OF EXPERIENCES† Part 1 I have taken several psychology courses at Southeastern Oklahoma State University. I believe that SOSU is a very prestige school and the Psychology Department. The Psychology Professors’ are outstanding teachers and mentors. The Psychology courses that I believe have helped me the most through my Field Experience at the Crisis Control Center would have to be, Abnormal Psychology, Psychology of Personality, Interviewing Skills, Social Psychology, and Psychology of Adjustment. These courses that I have listed have helped me through this internship more than I could have ever known. Being at the shelter on a daily basis, you will experience different personalities, abnormal behavior, and many adjustment problems with our clients and their children. Not only have the courses prepared me for my field experience, but I have to admire my professors, they have helped through this internship tremendously. If I ever had any questions to ask or just someone to talk to these professors in the Psychology Department were always there to lend a hand, or just to listen to what I had to say. They would help in anyway that they could. I also have to brag on the Communication Department for their hard work. I believe that Psychology and Communication goes hand in hand with one another and if I had not taken courses such as Listening, Group Communication, and Family Communication I would not have come as far as I have in my internship. Part II. Going into my field experience I was certain that I would want to be a counselor, and work with people in an office setting on a daily basis. After completing my internship at the Crisis Control Center I have found what I would like to do as a career. I now like the legal part of the Crisis Control Center. This semester I have mainly worked with our court advocate for the Crisis Control Center. Although the support counselors at the shelter are wonderful, our court advocate goes beyond her call of duty. She helps victims of domestic violence everyday. She is on call 24/7 and has made many trips to the hospital for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. She will try to get them the Justice they deserve. We go to court every week with our victims to help them with protective orders, and to give... ...   Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Arrange the tasks in the order you’ll need to do them.   Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Estimate how long each task will take. Be sure to allow enough time for editing and making changes.   Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Identify the date the report is due, and then set a schedule showing what work you’ll need to do each day in order to have your report ready on time. 2  Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Add interest   Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Use graphs and charts to illustrate an idea.   Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Add a picture, photo, or drawing.   Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Include a map.   Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Find a quotation and use it to make your point. 3  Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Make every word count   Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Choose words your reader will understand. Remember that you want to communicate your ideas to the person reading your paper.   Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Avoid clichà ©s.   Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Ã‚  Use a thesaurus to replace overused words and find new ways to express your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment