.

Monday, June 17, 2019

The Books Reading Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 1500 words

The Books Reading - Essay ExampleIt enabled me to think beyond the mundane pursuits of life and made me believe that I can be happy in this world by pursuing my wishes and desires and by searching for my treasure. This book changed my view about how to live my life it has taught me to be happy and to believe in the mogul of love, whether it is the love that God has bestowed on me or the love that I have for my fellow human beings. Books that are beautiful and touch people greatly mechanically do good business. However, lately, there is a front to treat the publishing industry as a business and not as a counselling to touch and/or improve the conscience of the reader. Publishing houses do not accept manuscripts which they feel will not fetch them enough money on the same note, they are attracted to manuscripts that in their opinion would be bestsellers and fetch them business. This leads to the problem of various publishing houses churning out formula books in other words, books w rite in a similar genre and pattern. The nineties obsession with thrillers is an example of this when almost every publishing house turned out similarly model books that seemed like renditions of Hollywood flicks albeit some writers were actually writing great books in the genre, most of these books just seemed like cheap versions of the real thing. Lately, there is a trend of publishing religiously oriented books according to the Book Industry Survey Group, in 2004 there was an 11 percent increase in the gains of such books, comer almost 2 billion in sales. With such large amounts of money involved, the publishers, of course, follow the trend and do not publish books that are not chic so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment